Dr Megan Eddy
MBBS, FRACGP, B Physio (Hons), FFPMANZCA
Specialist Pain Medicine Physician
Dr Megan Eddy is a Specialist Pain Medicine Physician, her experience in working with patients who suffer from persistent pain began in her earliest days working as a physiotherapist. In 2018 Dr Eddy attained a Fellowship of the Faculty of Pain Medicine from the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetics with a merit certificate in examinations awarded; she now works solely as a Pain Medicine Physician.
Megan has undergone advanced training in interventional pain medicine procedures.
Megan’s passion for education is demonstrated by involvement in teaching general-practice and pain trainees, and is occasionally called upon to review articles for the Australian Journal of General Practice. What’s most important to Megan though, is educating her patients and helping them to understand their pain.
- With a wealth of experience Megan has extensive knowledge on a broad range of health conditions and enjoys working with all patient demographics.
- Working within a biopsychosocial framework Megan believes in a comprehensive approach addressing the multifactorial nature of pain. Megan works with you to develop a goal based holistic pain management plan which can include education, exercise and manual therapy, medication assessment and rationalisation, interventional pain procedures (ranging from simple nerve blocks to radiofrequency denervation of facet joints), liaison and referral with appropriate allied health professionals.
Megan enjoys working with all aspects of persistent pain, her special interests include:
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Interventional Pain Management
- Back, Knee, Shoulder and Pelvic Girdle Pain
- Persistent post-surgical pain
- e.g., post-lumbar fusion or total knee replacement
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome